Embree and DR question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embree and DR question

Just wondering when I'm doing a VRay Distributed Render, one computer has 24GB, one has 32GB and the other 64GB. So should I set embree below 24000 or can I go higher and it's smart enough to not crash the lesser systems? Basically, how does embree work with DR?

Embree only replaces the static V-Ray raycaster; there is no difference on how to set up the dynamic memory limit compared to the regular V-Ray raycaster.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ok, to narrow down my question, can I put in a higher number than some of the slave computers have in the Dynamic Memory Limit field or put in the highest number of the lowest amount of RAM system?

Comment

In this case it would be best to set it according to the machine with least RAM.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

quick question, in vray 3.0 does the dynamic memory limit accept negative values in the spinner so only up to -1gb will be used? (used to have to script this)
          Colin Senner

Comment

Originally posted by MoonDoggie View Post
            quick question, in vray 3.0 does the dynamic memory limit accept negative values in the spinner so only up to -1gb will be used? (used to have to script this)
            You will still need to do it with a script.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Working...
            X