sweep modifier always scaled incorrectly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweep modifier always scaled incorrectly

Can anyone tell me what I should be looking for if every time I use a sweep modifier it scales wrong?
    I had a hell of a time getting a crown mold profile to work and I just kept doing it over and over until for some reason it came out right.
    At first it was huge.
    Now I'm using a 2 1/4" colonial door casing profile around a door and it's coming in a bout 1/3 of the size. I scaled the profile shape correctly.
    Not sure what's going on.
    Thank You

If you used any kind of scale, you should reset xform otherwise things like sweep and extrude will give you issues of wrong scale
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Lesson here....

http://davewortley.wordpress.com/201...-maxscripters/
      Maxscript made easy....
      davewortley.wordpress.com
      Follow me here:
      facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Thanks Dave & Morne but I did reset xform and the lesson you provided Dave doesn't really apply, (unless I'm missing something).
        I created the profile in another scene which had units set to the same inches. I merged the profile scene and tried the sweep modifier about 726 times and it creates a small scale, (about 1/3), profile every time.

Comment

did you reset xform on both splines, and collapse them back down to splines afterwards?

Comment

@cubiclegangster- Yes

Comment

upload the scene as a 2012 version (should be small enough to attach), something is up.

Comment

Tried to upload and getting "invalid file" can I email it?

Comment

Select your path and your spline and press the unlink button, apply the reset XForm modifier, and collapse. Then try again.

I've just tried doing the same as you demonstrate in my scene and it's fine.
                  Maxscript made easy....
                  davewortley.wordpress.com
                  Follow me here:
                  facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Tried it Dave. No go.
                    Pretty sure this has something to do with importing the file from Revit. I've had problems with this before. As I mentioned earlier I tried the same procedure with crown molding in another scene, (imported from Revit), and it was gigantic after the sweep.
                    Still trying to perfect the Revit to max workflow but not finding much help online. Best method I've found so far is the link revit procedure but still can't figure out these scaling relationships.

Comment

email it to neil.griffiths at dbox.com

Comment

Working...
                      X