Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray support has gone downhill

Hi
    I bought Vray 3.0 recently. We are having some issues and bugs, one of many is Bloom. I have written on here with zero response, fair enough, so wrote to support and after a few days received a half-reasonable explanation but not solving the problem. Now there is no response at all.
    The multiple Bloom dialog box does not work as your support says it should; can you please at least give some understanding that it doesn't work and TRY and help me. Please?
    Vray up their prices and cut down support....

Can't say I agree with you , I have had good support, and I would be the impatient type that wants things done now.
    I even got a call from them once to ask if everything was ok.

I hope you get your queries sorted.

Have a bit of fate .

Phil

Comment

I normally do Phil but we have had numerous issues across the studio with support (or lack of) and them trying to understand our clearly described issues and are finding a bit of a 'well we think it works' attitude rather than just accepting a bug/problem or clearly helping us solve a problem which could potentially be us and our workflow.
      I just think with an increase in costs should come an increase of support and quality of

Each single email can take numerous days... forward to one department, back of the queue. Response from me. Back of the queue for another 3 day wait. Repeat.

Comment

Hi Marcus,

I know there's nothing worse than having a bad experience or a problem only to have people say "I've not had that problem". It's frustrating. That said, you seem to have posted your problem in the 3ds Max General forum, not the problems forum, which might explain the lack of response.

Personally, we've had great support from Chaosgroup in the last few weeks, even during the hectic launch of 3.0. I appreciate from your perspective it's not been great but I also don't think starting a thread with a title like 'support has gone downhill' is really going to help.
        MDI Digital
        moonjam

Comment

Good to hear you have ace results; we don't and I am purely venting my frustration because I don't get what you seem to get. I suppose I did put my post in the wrong area - happy for this to moved into a more relevant area btw - but that wasn't my issue as this isn't a purely support forum so wasn't put out by that, more a moan about support as a whole.

As for the title, just being honest as for me it has! I (as in ME personally and my colleagues as a collective here in the studio) HAVE noticed this change. Sorry, but just stating the truth purely in my opinion, that's all.

Wondered if it was just us and maybe a response from Chaos Group themselves.

Comment

I meant that you put your post about the problem you were having in the wrong forum, not this one.
            MDI Digital
            moonjam

Comment

Hi Marcus,

First of all, apologies for your negative experience; second, I'm going through this with our support guys to see what happened with your support requests.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hello fingerindustries,

We will do our best to help you. Just looked over your tickets to find what could be done.
                It seems that for the moment there are two tickets that we are currently working on.
                First ticket starts with questions from the thread:
                http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...416#post614416

Currently we have replied with request for details that we need to be able to help you with you last question in this ticket.
                The second ticket that we found is related to the first one and we will try to answer it today.
                Let me know if there are other tickets that you need assistance with. You could contact me by email: filip.stoyanov@chaosgroup.com

Filip Stoyanov
                Chaos Group Support Manager
                Technical Support
                Chaos Group

Comment

Thank you all, appreciated. I will email the other tickets over.

Comment

I wonder if Chaos Group has thought about a helpdesk type webpage to direct people to? It seems like often there's extra back and forth with email because simple things like the version of v-ray being used, and the version of the 3d program are not mentioned initially. Anyone else have thoughts on that?
                    Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

Originally posted by cheerioboy View Post
                      I wonder if Chaos Group has thought about a helpdesk type webpage to direct people to? It seems like often there's extra back and forth with email because simple things like the version of v-ray being used, and the version of the 3d program are not mentioned initially. Anyone else have thoughts on that?
                      It might be useful, I suppose, perhaps at least to help sort the incoming issues by product and version. Will bring it up to see what the other guys think.

Best regards,
                      Vlado
                      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I have had nothing but ultra sterling first class service from Chaosgroup.

I mean, apart from the fact that they often email me either the same or next day, they also use Skype (to text & speak), they've phoned me on international calls, they've used TeamViewer to assist me, they're command of the English language is better than my own.

I mean, name me one other Software house that does any/all of that - or even get's close ?

And you get to communicate with the actual author/founder on their Forums
                        Jez

------------------------------------
                        3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
                        Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
                        ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Working...
                        X