BOXX Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOXX Technology

I am looking into replacing my 4 aging slaves. Would something like this be better than 4 home grown machines? Better, as far a s faster and more efficient?

http://config.boxxtech.com/products/cf_step3_or.asp?ModelInstanceID=1312&QuoteID=14734 35&Key=268533701&GoToCart=
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Just the one? No.

you pay for service and support with box. if it's a choice between 4 machines and 1, go with 4 and occasionally if one goes down you're still on top.

Comment

I am thinking that they might do something special, but I guess not.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I wouldnt say they're a waste of money as we had an entire farm which was boxx and their service is amazing, it's just if you're stretching for a single workstation then they're not really suited to your needs. you want as much power as you can get for $5k to cover your entire farm, custom building i7 boxes is the only way to go.

Comment

my 2c: The Renderpro is much more efficient in terms of physical size and power use. Also, fewer node licenses needed. If it fits your budget - then it's also a lot less fussing than building the several boxes. Need to account for that time too - building the workstations.

Comment

Unless u big company and so on I would go with custom build that its build by shop, more and more shops does that nowdays.

Boxxx is big waste of money for individuals.
            CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

I am a small company, and recently got a BOXX and do not regret it for one minute.
              I have not needed the service (knock wood), although I hear it is top notch.
              It was a bit more money I guess, but it has already outlasted and outperformed any of my other PCs.
              It was really handy to have it arrive, and then running 3dsmax trouble free on it the same day.
              I am actually itching to replace my older PC with another BOXX.
              Also, the higher price may seem less harsh if you are only buying one or two machines vs +100

I have considered self built but really just don't have the extra time, but I suppose that would be most cost-effective.
              Still, was well worth it to me
              Last edited by voltron7; 11-03-2014, 02:56 PM.

Comment

which one did you get and hom much did it cost, if you don't mind me asking.
                Originally posted by voltron7 View Post
                I am a small company, and recently got a BOXX and do not regret it for one minute.
                I have not needed the service (knock wood), although I hear it is top notch.
                It was a bit more money I guess, but it has already outlasted and outperformed any of my other PCs.
                It was really handy to have it arrive, and then running 3dsmax trouble free on it the same day.
                I am actually itching to replace my older PC with another BOXX.
                Also, the higher price may seem less harsh if you are only buying one or two machines vs +100

I have considered self built but really just don't have the extra time, but I suppose that would be most cost-effective.
                Still, was well worth it to me
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Interesting that people chose boxx for personal small business. For example, I know boxx machines are stable, and they do have great service. However I've never gotten a boxx, I went with supermicro server, which was pre assembled by supermicro and built at our local computer shop. After 5 years the machine runs trouble free (thank god!) and is still fast and performs well. So, going with a server is a better bet since those machines are designed to work intense hours and be on 24/7 kind of deal.
                  Dmitry Vinnik
                  Silhouette Images Inc.
                  ShowReel:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                  https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

My experience with BOXX so far is BSODs and my home built PC being just as fast (with 12 fewer cores).

Build your own if you know how and have the time.
                    James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
                    Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

yeah I had a few boxx machines which had issues almost like they were rushed and not properly tested. Sending them back getting them fixed is a bit of a pain One boxx had bad ram so they just sent us new ram with in few days. That was good.
                      Dmitry Vinnik
                      Silhouette Images Inc.
                      ShowReel:
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                      https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
                        which one did you get and hom much did it cost, if you don't mind me asking.
                        Customized, based on their 4050XT line...4.5gzh liquid cooled silence
                        Runs about 75$/month

Comment

boxx are a rip off
                          the ones we have had have always failed or been poorly built.

the upside is that they replaced very fast....
                          almost as fast as HP....

Comment

Working...
                          X