Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UV Render Channel

Hi

I am trying to render a UV co-ordinate channel using VRay Sampler Info Tex in an Extra Tex render element but I cannot get it to show only the red and green channels - does anyone know how to do this ?

I'm using VRay 2.30.

Thanks

N
    www.morphic.tv
    www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Try using the samplerinfo element in max - it's got a drop down menu that'll let you pick from normals, position and uvw - you just set it to uvw and pick the channel number that you'd like to render, it'll do it for every object that has data in that numbered uvw channel.

Comment

Ok, I'm struggling with this. There is a Samplerinfo element in VRay but where I get confused is that the geometry (there is one piece of geometry) is meant to have a gradient from red to green (no blue) so, how do I assign that to the render element ?
      www.morphic.tv
      www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

SamplerInfo set to UV mode will render the existing UV space. You can set the channel as well.

U is red, black is 0 and red is one. Same goes for V (up).

If the gradient is not what you want then you need to either move your object in UV space or assign a gradient texture to an extraTex element.
        Rens Heeren
        Generalist
        WEBSITE - IMDB - LINKEDIN - OSL SHADERS

Comment

Yep - might be your actual uv's on the object. If you try a simple test with a teapot primitive what does it look like?

Comment

Thanks for your help !

I recreated the geometry and it seemed to do the trick !
            www.morphic.tv
            www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X