Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anisiotropic direction map correct?

Hi all

Firstly I have made a classic spun metal here, nothing special, with the anisiotropic direction map looking like this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	anis.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	879618

Now the issue is this.

When I have this image created as a gradient in max, I get a perfect reflection, however when I have this image created from a bitmap, I get a seam in the highlight where the black and white meet.

I have tried turning off filtering, 32 bit, high res etc however it just doesn't want to work without a seam. (image on left is bitmap anis direction map, image on right is gradient ramp. Seam is pretty obvious in top left. )

Click image for larger version

Name:	Anis_from_bitmap.jpg
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	879619Click image for larger version

Name:	anis_from_gradient_ramp.jpg
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	879620

Is there anyway to get this to work correctly ?

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your results.
    Actually the image
    anis.jpg
    doesnt use full white/black color at the border. Try to add color correction map before it with higher Contrast value (10-20 should works).
    Then you may also need to set the Filtering to None.

If those steps don't work for you please post the scene file to investigate further.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Ah

Thanks for that Tashko. Seems to be working great now.

Another issue I had which have solved now is if you are making the gradients in photoshop, make sure you set smoothing to 0 in the gradient tool. I think this is why I wasn't getting true white and black in the image.

Anyway, thanks again for the help, much appreciated!

Comment

Another issue I had which have solved now is if you are making the gradients in photoshop, make sure you set smoothing to 0 in the gradient tool.
        Good to know, thanks.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X