Sky light Shadows execlude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky light Shadows execlude

Hi, is it possible to execlude an object from casting environment shadow?

I have the exact same question.

for instance, i have a scene in which a white illuminating square hangs above the scene for reflections.

But at the same time the square blocks the envirment licht from reaching below it. Something like an exclude for the skylight or sumin'?

-----

And while i'm at it, is it possible to make an object really bright in reflections, without it actually generating licht when GI is on. (because turning on self illumination not only makes you object brighter in reflections but it also starts sending out light.

Comment

not possible at the moment afaik.

percy

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

"And while i'm at it, is it possible to make an object really bright in reflections, without it actually generating licht when GI is on. (because turning on self illumination not only makes you object brighter in reflections but it also starts sending out light."

I think you can turn of generate GI from vray properties

Comment

If you put on a vray material wrapper on top of your original material you can control the gi contribution of the object in question.

V Miller

Comment

I've been running in the same limitation....I can't turn off GI shadow casting for certain objects...like a sky dome I have...........

paul.

Comment

Working...
            X