Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supported features of V-Ray RT for 3ds Max on GPU and CPU

Hello,

You can find the list of the supported and unsupported features of V-Ray RT here:
    http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/V...orted+Features

We will do our best to keep this list up to date but there can be some discrepancies. If you find any let us know.

To use the GPU engine you need video card that supports following:

1. OpenCL 1.1 or higher
    2. CUDA 2.0 or higher
    3. The CUDA engine for V-Ray RT GPU works on NVIDIA cards with the Fermi and Kepler architectures.
    4. For users of NVIDA cards, we recommend the use of CUDA engine when rendering with V-Ray RT GPU.

whaou!!!
    sounds like you have decided to put up to date the literature.
    Congratulation, this kind of info are really appreciate.
    Can you add the main plug in even if none of them are supported today:
    ForestPro, Multiscatter, colorcorrect, Berconmap, multitexture...

thanks

Originally posted by Filip.Stoyanov View Post
    Hello,

You can find the list of the supported and unsupported features of V-Ray RT here:
    http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/V...orted+Features

We will do our best to keep this list up to date but there can be some discrepancies. If you find any let us know.

To use the GPU engine you need video card that supports following:

1. OpenCL 1.1 or higher
    2. CUDA 2.0 or higher
    3. The CUDA engine for V-Ray RT GPU works on NVIDIA cards with the Fermi and Kepler architectures.
    4. For users of NVIDA cards, we recommend the use of CUDA engine when rendering with V-Ray RT GPU.
    Last edited by fraggle; 15-04-2014, 08:27 AM. Reason: request

Comment

you could add this for max at least:
      XREF-Scene
      CPU yes
      GPU no (tested CUDA only)

greetings

Comment

There's no reason why X-Ref scenes would not work in CUDA. If they don't this is a bug that needs to be fixed, and not a limitation. If you can send us an example case to vray@chaosgroup.com it will be very helpful.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Maybe I did something wrong. I'll collect everything and send it. Need some time.
          greetings

Comment

Ok. I think its something special and not a problem general. I double check it with a simple scene (sphere on a plane and had no issues.
            But with my scene its still kind of mysterious. RT on CPU works fine, CUDA not. On CUDA the object appears just black, alpha is correct. I uploaded the scene and xref to my ftp. If you're still interested, let me know I'give you the access and all the information for reproducing.
            Sorry for the circumstances!

Comment

Yes, I'm still interested; if you can get me details on how to get the scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com, it will be very helpful.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado,

I don't know if you're making a prioritized list of what next to support in RT GPU, but I'd like to put in a vote for: Composite, Cellular and Smoke... in that order. Hair too -- but I imagine that's a lot tougher than some of the other missing items.

Comment

Does Vizpark Walls&Tiles support Vray-RT?

Comment

Originally posted by CRYSTAL GRAPHICS View Post
                    Does Vizpark Walls&Tiles support Vray-RT?
                    I have to run a test, because I'm not sure if this works even with RT CPU. But first have to wait for a trial version from Vizpark
                    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I did a test using the full Vizpark Walls & Tiles version and V-Ray 3.00.07.
                      It works pretty well with V-Ray advanced renderer, but unfortunately our RT plugin doesn't support their procedural maps. We have to extend the RT exporter support to get it working on the RT or through Vrscene file.
                      Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
                      X