autocad solprof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• autocad solprof

sound´s interessting m735 - i often try to do this, but my autoCAD 2000 always told me, that this are no solids, if i use meshes wich are build in max and exported as a dwg.file! the only and way i find for myself is to open the dwg.file in formZ and render it there to 2d draft. i would love to leaf the prozedur with formZ, so if someone of you guys know a way how to do this in autocad i am very interessted too! by the way, what mean´s autocadATD?

ATD = Architectural Desktop

by the way if you create your model in max then mesh edit and attach all the mesh together you should be able to do a cross section then export the result.
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

thankyou natty! the problem is not on exporting the max objekts as a dwg.file - this works perfekt. the problem as i know is, that autocad 2000 can use the solprof only for solids, generated with acad- and -damed, the importet geometrie from max is only a fugging mesh with no possibilitis, no cut´s, no solprof, it´s hard for me to bring some dimensionlines in a plan view to 3d meshes because the snap seems to flip in the z direktion or whatever, it´s not the same correktness as if you have on a 2d drawing with the snaps of acad.
      i work as a stage designer, i will develope my designs in 3dmax, working around the geometrie, placement, lightning till everthing fitts and then i need a software to spitt out the tecnical drawings. bring it all back to acad with the posibilty to work with meshes as with acad solids would be supa - but it won´t
      so my question - in ATD is this posible? you can import geometry createt in 3dmax and exportet as dwg and you are able to cut this objekts or make a solprof of this objekts where the visible and hidden lines are seperatet - or are this things only posible with solids you create in acad or ATD export to max-render-reimport and so on?!?

Comment

hi, What you need a a Lisp Program called Project.lsp...( it is around since Autocad 10) and does what the name suggest.. it projects 3d endities to 2d . in adt it's called Hidden line projection... also to cut meshes in autocad.. get the freeware called zipTaliors.vlx or lsp .
        what this routine does id cut, join and edit polyface meshes the is exported from Max/Viz.. while you at it get yourself anothe lisp program called PXt.lsp... check out http://www.accustudio.com/marketplace/freeware.htm in the freeware section for the aboved name lisp...
        have fun
        davis

Comment

Working...
        X