Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with IK setup

Hi guys,
    80% of my animation is done and now I'm stuck on this for days. I have this pillar that will be put in this upright position via hydraulics and sliding joints.
    What you see is a final position. It will be aslope about 30°to the left and then put to 90°.

I connected my hierarchy, applied HD IK solver and set all the joints, right angles, those that slide to slide, etc. All correct. But still I'm unsure how to apply HD solver, which part is my end, or which is my start. I want to rotate the pink part so all other parts - hydraulics, and joints slide and rotate accordingly. So I tried to start from both ends, but neither work. Right now I can't click and rotate the object marked pink. Also most of the time my rails move too...I tried setting the terminator but I'm doing something wrong there too.

I know it's complex but if someone is really good with IK maybe they can explain basics what to do.

thank you!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IK.png
Views:	1
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	879765
    www.hrvojedesign.com

Not totally sure I understand what you need, but most hydraulic motion situations I've been able to accomplish with Lookat controllers (with linked dummies as targets) and Reaction controllers, rather than IK solvers.
    - Geoff

Comment

Wire the pink circle to the red pole rotation, then link to points attached to the pole and horizontal member.

Comment

Yes I saw the tutorial for hydraulics with lookat controlers, will try something similar.

wxyz, by wire you mean connect by adding a HD solver? I did do that, but I can't seam to stop the end object (horizontal red object - guides) from moving.
        www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkzyiteabj...constraint.max (max2012)

Like this? I whipped up something simple using look at constraints & just making sure pivot points were placed correctly. You could probably clean it up a bit more by using dummies/points instead of constraining to the actual geometry.
          Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

On a simple test scene I linked the objects and used only lookat for hydraulics and it seams to be working. I will manually slide the base. Thanks guys.

I want it to use "automatic" way with IK to learn it, but I guess I'll skip it for now.
            www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Working...
            X