Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Animation: saved IRR map takes time during rendering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes. exactly. But the the LC and IRR were calculated with everything "on". Did I miss something?
    Guido.

Comment

Originally posted by Lupaz View Post
      yes. exactly. But the the LC and IRR were calculated with everything "on". Did I miss something?
      It depends on whether you would like to calculate the trees with or without GI.
      Some people prefer to turn off GI for the trees since render time increases significantly - if that's your aim you should pre-calculate new GI solution where trees are excluded from it.
      However using GI only on a partially will break the interactivity between the trees and the other objects in the scene.
      Our advice is to use GI for the entire scene unless you would like to reduce render-times.
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

I just did a test with BF, out of curiosity.
        Not good. Takes too long.
        I prematurely jumped to that conclusion aswell: Switch from IRmap to Brute Force and BAM: Huuuge rendertimes.
        But then I stumbled upon a great Vray tutorial and gave it another try using Brute force and Lightcache and I haven´t looked back since.
        In a lot of cases this approach is even faster then old IRmap+Light cache, I think Vlado actually explained it, that especially with lots of details IRmap isn´t the best choice, because it is an interpolated solution and as such works best with large, flat areas.
        Anyway, check the tutorial out, it definitely opend my eyes...:

http://www.cggallery.com/tutorials/vray_optimization/

Comment

Working...
        X