shadows flikering how can i save the irradiance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shadows flikering how can i save the irradiance

Hi all, well , i want to make a camera animation , but in the render the sadows flik, i read that i must save the irrance map nth10 frames and load the archive, but i dont understand well how can i make it , any can help me, thanks in advance.

aLeZ.

Hi

first go to your global settings and switch on "don´t render final image"

this prevents from realy rendering each tenth frame, while you only want to compute the i-map

secound if your computer is fast and has enough memory, go to the system settings of vray, and switch the "face level coefficient" from 2 to 0,8, this speeds up rendering about 5 to 10 % if your computer is fast.

third, change the szise of your buckets right beneath this in the system settings to somewhat about 128 x 128 pixel ore higher, which speeds up rendertimes again, because you dont have to calculate so much overlaping between your buckets.

now fourth,

take I-map for your renderalgorithm and in the advanced i-map settings, switch to "incremental ad to current frame". this forces V-ray, to store the imap samples of each frame that is rendered and for the next frame, only to compute the new areas of the immage. Also in the advanced settings switch on "on renderend dont delete" and "autosave to ... path...name..."

now you can render your sequence, with only the imap calculation, and after this you can reload your i-map for the final rendering.

for this go back to the global settings of Vray, remove the switch, where you have permitted v-ray to perform the final rendering, turn on render each frame, and go with it.

if you´ve got fast movement, you should calculate more i-map steps in between, and with smooth and slow movement of camera, you can calculate less steps.

this works only for backrounds and architectural movements. if something else moves, you might use another algorithm ore render another pass, with stored i´-map for the backround and also the mate shadow algorithms of v-ray that are very good .

well much fun

tom schuelke

http://www.lichtecht.de /com

Comment

Working...
    X