Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illuminated etched logo in glass

Hello,

I am having a bit of trouble getting an Illuminated etched logo in glass, I'm working on a conference table that will have an inset led lights that "should" light up etched logo in glass.

So far my approach has been a blend material between glass and frosted glass with an opacity for the logo, I'm not getting good results.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Attached are a few pics of what I'm trying to achieve and the results I'm getting. I aslo attached the scene if anyone want to take a look.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks Eric.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sign.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	879865Click image for larger version

Name:	576_LAPD_Frame-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	879866
    Last edited by eyepiz; 09-05-2014, 03:55 PM.
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas A. Edison

One thing I notice is that the area behind the logo's is quite dark, which makes it much more noticeable. Yours is quite light, maybe look into that? Seems your materials are doing what they are supposed to be.

Comment

After messing with the scene for a bit I achieved somewhat acceptable results.

Does anyone know if the Vray lens effects work correctly in Vray 3? It seems very counter intuitive, you need to have it added as an effect and control it in the VFB or both, therefore you have duplicate controlled of the settings and does not really work...I'm probably doing something wrong and the documentation is very limited.

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
      Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Originally posted by eyepiz View Post
        Does anyone know if the Vray lens effects work correctly in Vray 3?
        Yes, they are better UI-wise as they are directly added to the VFB.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

The result looks very nice - congratulations.

According to the Lens Effects in Vray version 3.0 - our recommendations are to enable it only from the Vray Frame Buffer and avoid using it as Environment Effect.
          We've already received a few complains on that matter and as a result we will probably remove Lens Effects from Environment Effects in order to avoid any confusions.
          It would be very nice if you could share this material with our community.
          Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
          Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Cool material eyepiz...

Comment

Working...
            X