Looking for a render farm online that support vray exr multi-layer output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a render farm online that support vray exr multi-layer output

I was using rebusfarm until I found that they don't have full support for vray exr output.
    So I need to find another solution compatible with this kind of output, a standard in composition these days.

Thanks!
    www.gaell.com

Are you 100% sure about that?
    I am just about to send off a massive job to Rebus and I need EXR output.......
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Well this is what they told me:

"Hello,
      you cannot save the elements into exr channels when rendering in the farm.
      Please use separate files for the elements.
      Use the "Render Elements" tab of render settings only to specify the output filenames.

Regards
      Georg
      rebusfarm.net
      "
      www.gaell.com

Comment

Originally posted by gagui View Post
        Well this is what they told me:

"Hello,
        you cannot save the elements into exr channels when rendering in the farm.
        Please use separate files for the elements.
        Use the "Render Elements" tab of render settings only to specify the output filenames.

Regards
        Georg
        rebusfarm.net
        "
        But you can save in EXR, the render elements are going to be seperate exr's?
        A.

---------------------
        www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

yes you can, we've used them and rendered to exr. sounds like you just cant use one exr for every single element for whatever reason.

Comment

What you can't do is save one exr with the render elements enbeded into... That is what I want/need to get.
            So I would like to know from another render farm service that supports this workflow.
            www.gaell.com

Comment

that limit is known and it is on the todo list yet (like a billion other points)

save one exr for each element and output - its not the best for post-work but atleast it work

Support for multilayer exr is not as easy as it looks - we have to consider many points and possible combinations
              Distributed render vs animation render vs vray version X vs vray version Y vs stuff I forgotten yet

Comment

cant like every compositing app out there be scripted to open a folder full of exr sequences like it's all stored in one file anyway? it's not like you need to update each input file manually. I'd be very surprised if you couldnt also take the multimattes and set up r,g,b masks ready to plug into another node.
                Last edited by Neilg; 08-05-2014, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Why is this not doable on some farms? I just had to deal with a different renderfarm that also couldn't do it.
                  - Geoff

Comment

I'm pretty sure Render Nation support output to multi layer exr.

Comment

Working...
                    X