V-Ray Rendering Moving Objects with Light Cache as Secondary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Rendering Moving Objects with Light Cache as Secondary

Hello, I have a scene of internal organs and most have a little movement on them; I also have blood flowing around inside with a Phoenix FD mesh. I don't want to go the brute force method because of rendering time, so I've rendered an irradiance map cache separately (pre-anim). Now I'm rendering a light cache pass, set to single frame, but it's currently rendering the full frame range. I also set to use camera path, even though camera doesn't move, just the objects move. Even after rendering the IRMAP and VRLMAP, I'm not sure it will render good. More on that later though.

So does each light cache rendered (if setting is "single frame") just overwrite the previous one, and I'm wasting time rendering all of them? Thanks for any help on this.

It depends on which build you are using, but unless you have something like %04d in the light cache file name, it will just overwrite the same file. The %04d notation only works in the 3.0 builds, I think.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Of what value is doing a LC then if you have moving objects?

Comment

I believe I can render an IRMAP over several computers, but can have secondary as LC (VRLMAP) render over several computers too?

Comment

Working...
        X