Motion blur crashes with Adaptive AA but not other aa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion blur crashes with Adaptive AA but not other aa

Can anyone think why vray might misbehave with motionblur when using Adaptive AA. I seemed to have isolated the problem -- everything is fine with the Fixed AA or the Simple AA but with the Adaptive I get very frequent crashes. The actual buckets haven't even started -- it crashes to the desktop while about 1/3 way through creating the "MBLUR render passes".

What are your AA settings?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado.

They are 0, 2 in the AA. I think I've also used -1, 1. I don't think anything else is changed from the default.

This problem has been haunting me for a while... with MANY different scenes. I've just been going without mblur... but now I discovered that the other two AA methods might help (although be slower), so at least I can still use mblur. Sure would like to know what's going on with the adaptive settings though.

Comment

Well, I was wrong about the AA -- even the simple sampler will still crash -- it is set to 1, 2

I wish I could understand this.

Is 1.5 handling motion blur any differently? I've been having this crash problem for months -- and I'm almost ready to give up on vray. I've tried very hard to isolate this problem but I'm getting nowhere. Back in November (approx) I sent you (Vlado) a scene and you couldn't reproduce the issue... yet trust me, this is a real problem. Six months later, I'm now on completely different hardware and still having this problem. It is very confusing.

Comment

Working...
        X