upgrading to Vray 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading to Vray 3

this is the second time that I sent this question to Chaosgroup support.
    the 1st time after few days they sent me links..( I couldn't find the answer there) ... it would be faster and easier a straight answer in my opinion instead

so i hope somebody here can tell me what i need to get for my upgrade.

I have 4 render nodes, one desktop Workstation that sometimes I use it as a rendernode and a laptop where I use it only as workstation.
    I'm thinking the option of 1 workstation + 5 nodes would suit what i need but I would like to know if I would be able to use my desktop workstation as renderhost (not rendernode) when I need it?

I don't need to use 2 workstations at the same time.....if I use my Laptop, the desktop WS becomes a rendernode.

Thanks,

Fernando
    show me the money!!

I just bought the single licence plus 5 render node upgrade and I'm pleased to see that I can indeed use Vray 3.0 fully on any machine. Even those I only installed the render node licence on. The only limitation is that I can't have the render settings dialogue window open on two machines at once. But as soon as I close it on one I can open it on the other. In effect all machines have the capability to be used as workstation, any can be render node, but only one acts as the floating licence server.Hope that helps!
    Check out my models on 3dOcean

Comment

Great...Thanks!!!
      show me the money!!

Comment

I was a bit confused initially too. Best to forget about workstation / render nodes and think instead how many users you have needing to use Vray at the same time. That's how many full licences you'll need.
        Check out my models on 3dOcean

Comment

For this type of questions it's best to contact our Sales Team directly at: sales.software@chaosgroup.com
          Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
          Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
          X