Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Probablistic Lighting In Animations.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probablistic Lighting In Animations.....

I have a scene with 140 lights. I am impressed with how much faster probablistic lighting is when set to 8 or even 16. I am worried that when using it in animation ity will result in flickering due to the "random selection" that happens. Will this flicker during animation, or is the probablistic term more or less mean, "lights that probably affect this object". If this is the case, it shouldn't really flicker. Has anyone had success or failure with this feature in animation?

Max 2014, VRay 3.00.06

Any help appreciated!
    -Joel
    -Joel E
    https://www.biglittlepictures.com

The noise should behave like any other noise value in V-Ray; there shouldn't be any "flickering" as such.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado.
      -Joel E
      https://www.biglittlepictures.com

Comment

Vlado, I've been meaning to ask:

When probabilistic is enabled and set to something like 8 - what is the criteria that the 8 lights are selected?
        Is it by the intensity of the lights? What if the light's intensity is animated (going from dark to very bright)? Is that taken into account?
        Akin Bilgic | CGGallery.com
        Modeler & Generalist TD

V-Ray Render Optimization
        V-Ray DMC Calculator

Comment

For the moment the light selection is purely uniform and does not depend on any of the lights's characteristics. For one of the next builds this will change.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Vlado,
            How is it changing in the new builds?
            As you know I am loving the PL feature I just want to make sure any new additions will give the same appearance as the current builds.
            Also have any modifications been done to PL in the nightly builds?
            Chris Jackson
            Shiftmedia
            www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

No, not yet; I'm still playing with it and I haven't merged the changes to the nightly builds yet. In any case, there will be no change in the appearance - only in the noise levels.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Let me know when it is ready. I have a very large scene that I am using PL for and it would be great to get the noise levels lower
                Chris Jackson
                Shiftmedia
                www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Working...
                X