Glass material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass material

I'm very new to vray and am trying to come up with a decent glass material for a curtainwall that lines an interior space I am rendering. The problem is there is nothing outside the curtainwall, as of yet. Can some one give me some suggestions and a little explaination of the best way to have the glass look like glass, with some reflection, but be totally or mostly opaque, without looking like a wall or a mirror. I could use basic information on how reflections work with Vray as well. Thanks much in advance. Regards Peter.

Hi Peter,

2 ways for relfections with VRay:

- If you use Standard material, add an VRay map in the reflection slot
    - you also can use an VRayMtl

advice is to stay away from VIZ/max raytracing since it tends to conflcit with VRay....

Fermí Bertran

Comment

Fermi - Can you give me a quick idea of how to adjust reflection, and opacity with the vray materials? Are there any Vray books around?

Regards Peter.

Comment

I'm pretty sure those things are covered in the help file. Just for quick reference, it's basically the same as adjusting it for other materials.

To make an object more reflective change the reflect colour swab to a lighter colour and to make an object more transparent change the refract colour swab to a lighter colour.

-Matt

Comment

Working...
        X