Render freezes at 3rd pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render freezes at 3rd pass

hi guys i need some help, im workin on 2 scenes, and i rendered quite a few tests which came out fine..they were of low quality, now when i try rendering higher quality ones, the rendering on both of them freezes at the 3rd pass!! what the heck is happening? help needed
    thx in advance

how much ram have you got?
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

1 gig

Comment

Stupid question, but here goes. How long have you left the render go for? Are you sure Vray isn't just taking a while to calculate? Check windows Taskmanager and see if it's still using the CPU. If it has totally frozen then sorry I can't help

-Matt

Comment

matt3d: i went to bed when the render was at the 3rd pass, when i got up 5 hrs later..it was still there...u better be sorry mate

i was playin with the qmc sampler settings and face coeffecient , they are now at 0.85 amt, noise 0.005, min samples 15 that ok? face coeff back at default of 2.
          also while rendering the render dialog shows only 512mb of Primary mem or RAM is under use, i have one gig, and this prob was with 800X600 rez renders, im doin tests on 640X480 now, i dunno, im screwed. please help!

Comment

Check your task manager or your system settings about your real RAM status, maybe one 512 bar of your RAM isn't working and causing strange effects !?

Comment

Ram vs Processor...

In rendering, Prosessor speed is more crucial...if you have a P4 2.8 and above...you should not have this issue..by the way if youre using XP youre ok, cause xp will tell you that it cant continue and will shut down. so if its just staying put means its still calculating or hangs... i had a 6 hour render for 100 over ies light with vray material...so i guess its normal.
              Reza Bahari
              visual3d@streamyx.com
              013-3428162

Comment

post your render settings
                Natty
                http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

hi again, well the problem kinda sorted itself out, but i still cant seem to put my finger on it, my settings were pretty low..
                  hsph subdivs 30, samples 20, direct comp sub 1, depth 3
                  irr map preset at medium, adaptive AA at -1,2.

i have another query, im gonna render out an A3 size image, around 1500 pixels, any quick render tips? i read abt increasing bucket size to 128, anything else i shud know?

Comment

Working...
                  X