Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Vray- Interior Rendering Question

Hi there,

I have been actively looking on the Vray sites around the place and I am very impressed with its ability to render interior scenes. I have only dabbled in the free version and at work they purchased Brazil , hence I would know Brazil a lot better. However I am trying to pull in some freelance work (for buildings) and I may be persuaded to jump ship to Vray (I dont want to go down the VRay V's Brazil road here) as it is well priced and for all I know I may find it great for interiors but fair/medium for other scenes.

So Where should I start to learn about interiors, where are the Tuts, does VRay ship with good tutorials? what is its manual like?
    Also does anyone sell a scene that I could use as a template for interior work? (I know all interiors are different but this would hopefully speed up the learning curve)

I would appreciate anyones thoughts on this and look forward to reading them,

thanks a mill,

Tom182
    Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

id hate to start this with the word unfortunately. however i must.
    unfortunately we dont have a written manual. its in digital form available in the members download section. As for tutorials and info, you can find tonnes of stuff here and people are constantly offering scenes for people to test and look at, just be able to keep your eyes open for them. And you can also find tonnes of info at www.vray.info . as top poster in here (just because i talk alot lol) id like to be the 1st to welcome you to the vray community and hope you enjoy your time oh and i would also recomend you give the demo version a try. for interiors the free version might lack a few things.

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

although vray doesn't come with a comprehensive manual, don't let that put you off...
      this is one of hte best forums for a software package that i've ever seen.

there are lots of people in here who can give you advice/help on most, if not all aspects of vray.

people are constantly posting up tutorial vids/files and most are willing to share their secrets to help you acchieve stunning results.
      when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

Comment

also check out www.evermotion.org. There are some video tutorials there as well as a ton of free scenes and such.

percy

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

along with those I should have links to a few more on my links page in my sig.

Welcome to the forum.

-dave
          Cheers,
          -dave
          â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX â–  ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX â–  GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX â–  ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k â– 

Comment

Thanks guys for those links. I think I am panicing a bit. I really like what I have seen with Vray (Interiors) and know that I will need help to bang out a really decent render. What i have noticed on the brazil site is that when a posting goes up and the image is 80% as good as it could be you will often see suggestions of basic settings, nobody will go the extra mile and really help you out with the file. Mechanical and anatomical renderings are pretty much my strong points and I would be happy to give a scene to whoever with all settings and materials, (i would just strip down the scene of objects, but they would be getting very useful info.

Has anyone done a really good interior that they are willing to sell, I ask this as, if I go down the vray road and get the interior work I am pitching for I will need a real fast learning curve.

Anyway, one more question: Does VRAY ship with tutorials?

thanks again ,
            Tom

Comment

no, vray doesn't ship with tutorials, but you can get some really good tuts here http://vray.info/links.asp?categoryID=3

Comment

Thanks guys, After browsing through this forum and evermotions. It appears that Vray has hte edge over Brazil for interior work. Got the free version installed and am about to start. With htis in mind is there any particular way I should go at it, i.e. which things I should really get my head around, Photons etc.

thanks,
                Tom

Comment

good choice!

theres a vray free thread on this forum that's pretty helpful...
                  it's got most things covered.
                  i think the best way is just to start with the standard settings and play around a bit

remember to turn AA on

you should bear in mind that you won't be able to use vray materials or vray lights in the free version.

Comment

Tom182 - Vray Free doesnt have photons. Try the Demo version (if you can live with watermarks and render setings that dont save with the file) to see the real power of the renderer.
                    Signing out,
                    Christian

Comment

thansk for pointing that out, you probably saved me a day or two

cheers,
                      Tom

Comment

Working...
                      X