Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• startvrlservice vs vrlservice with VRay 2.5

Hi all

Whats the difference between these 2? I see both is running as a service. Do I need both?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

startvrlservice.exe will automatically start vrlservice.exe and if for some reason vrlservice.exe crashes it will start it again automatically.
    If vrlservice.exe is started manually it won't re-start itself if something wrong happened.
    You should only start one of those *.exe files.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

I didnt start either of those

I just happen to notice that they BOTH start and run by default (vray 2.5 for max 2014)
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
        I didnt start either of those

I just happen to notice that they BOTH start and run by default (vray 2.5 for max 2014)
        This behavior is expected when the V-Ray license server is registered as a Windows service. As Svetolozar already mentioned above, startvrlservice.exe will automatically start vrlservice.exe.
        If you want you can unregister the service and start it manually or add a short cut to the windows start up folder.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I hate having things running when I don't need them so I have always unregistered the service and started it when I need it. It became very frustrating whenever I forgot to enable it before launching Max though so I ended up writing a script that launched the service before launching Max automatically. I'm happy with that solution.

Comment

Working...
          X