• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal Settings link

FYI:

http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/V...V-Ray+Settings
    Guido.

That just seems like the original Universal Settings from the old docs - pre 2.0 even

I think it's just been copied and pasted into the docs for newer releases, but never actually updated. They just added the note about min shading rate for version 3
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Thanks.
      However, Being the only official online software documentation, lets hope someone from Chaosgroup give some time in making it up to date. That way we can take "which are the universal settings" out of the forum as a topic of conversation.
      Guido.

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
        That just seems like the original Universal Settings from the old docs - pre 2.0 even
        Yes? It still works well. There's not much to update there; the min shading rate being indeed the only addition.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

OK Vlado but in another thread you mentioned you used 1, 8 for DMC as universal instead of 1, 100
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

I'd be interested to know who, these days, is using the universal approach. I don't think we've ever used it ourselves. I do like the idea of not worrying too much about settings, but if its going to take 5-10x longer to render a 4k image, its a no-go for us.
            Kind Regards,
            Richard Birket
            ----------------------------------->
            http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

Often use some sort of hybrid when rendering over the weekend and I want to get home at a reasonable time on a Friday

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
                I'd be interested to know who, these days, is using the universal approach. I don't think we've ever used it ourselves. I do like the idea of not worrying too much about settings, but if its going to take 5-10x longer to render a 4k image, its a no-go for us.
                I've tried it on a couple of recent 720 still images and it works great, much less worrying about setup and tweaking till you're blue. Will report back soon on some highres version of same images.

Used it recently also for couple of animations, and I do like the simplicity of the setup and I'm actually getting faster render times with this approach and that is WITH the vraycam's motionblur enabled
                Kind Regards,
                Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
                  Used it recently also for couple of animations,
                  So you are pre-calcing the lightcache but (obviously) rendering brute force and render time? Does this result give a noise-free result?
                  Kind Regards,
                  Richard Birket
                  http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
                    So you are pre-calcing the lightcache but (obviously) rendering brute force and render time? Does this result give a noise-free result?
                    No precalc (it had moving objects)
                    BF yes
                    rendertimes for 720 was around 10 min a frame
                    there was minimal noise, but I could live with it
                    Kind Regards,
                    Morne

Comment

Working...
                    X