vraylog.txt decoder needed :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vraylog.txt decoder needed :)

Is it possible to optimize render times with this info in the end of vraylog.txt file

Code:
    Number of raycasts: 19082406940
    Camera rays: 359592456
    Shadow rays: 2841686950
    GI rays: 2011085449
    Reflection rays: 444182631
    Refraction rays: 124707525
    Unshaded rays: 14938364864
    ZING studio

Excelente idea!

Comment

Originally posted by elcabron View Post
      Is it possible to optimize render times with this info in the end of vraylog.txt file

Code:
      Number of raycasts: 19082406940
      Camera rays: 359592456
      Shadow rays: 2841686950
      GI rays: 2011085449
      Reflection rays: 444182631
      Refraction rays: 124707525
      Unshaded rays: 14938364864
      For sure, and I have done that a number of times when I had to look at user scenes. For example, in this case, you get more unshaded rays than anything else. Unshaded rays are produced typically by VRayDirt and AO. Which means that if you drop those effects from the scene, you can probably get quite a bit of speedup. Next are shadow rays, which means that if you find a way to reduce the number of lights, it will also help. It also tells you that there is no point to spend time trying to optimize reflections or refractions as they take just a small part of all rays.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        For sure, and I have done that a number of times when I had to look at user scenes. For example, in this case, you get more unshaded rays than anything else. Unshaded rays are produced typically by VRayDirt and AO. Which means that if you drop those effects from the scene, you can probably get quite a bit of speedup. Next are shadow rays, which means that if you find a way to reduce the number of lights, it will also help. It also tells you that there is no point to spend time trying to optimize reflections or refractions as they take just a small part of all rays.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        Very interesting. Thanks for this advice !
        I will take care next time I need to deal with my render time vs quality...
        (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

Great info!
          Thanks Vlado!
          ZING studio

Comment

Working...
          X