Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal weirdness with VRay 2.5 - BF and LC

Hi all

OK So I have some weirdness using universal. With the standard universal, I get a lot of noise in the GI, everything else is pretty clean. If I push BF to 200, the GI cleans up nicely, and the overall beauty is nice, but the the reflection element is MUCH noisier?!?

Why is this?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

The higher I push BF, the worse the Reflection Noise gets. In LC tried with use for glossy on and off, still noise

At 1024 BF subdivs, the reflection is going NUTS
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Hi Morne,

Do you get more noisy reflections in the beauty in this case or only in the reflection element?
      Would it be possible to post render examples or even a scene file ?
      Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by tashko.zashev View Post
        Hi Morne,

Do you get more noisy reflections in the beauty in this case or only in the reflection element?
        Would it be possible to post render examples or even a scene file ?
        This is at 200% zoom:

Click image for larger version

Name:	universal_bf.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	466.5 KB
ID:	853803

The beauty looks ok(ish) with BF = 1000, but the rendertimes are WAY more than BF=8. This is with most of the heavy stuff hidden.
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

Ah I see now, it will be better to send the file to our support mail in order to investigate further.
          In simple scene setup this issue doesn't persist. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by tashko.zashev View Post
            Ah I see now, it will be better to send the file to our support mail in order to investigate further.
            In simple scene setup this issue doesn't persist. Thanks in advance.
            Thanks Tashko, I've sent a simplified version of the file (Max 2015 vray 2.5) to vray@chaosgroup.com and also to support@chaosgroup.com
            Kind Regards,
            Morne

Comment

Thank you for the scene file. According to our tests there is no issues at all. Generally the sampling always works in respect to the beauty pass and adding more samples to the GI V-Ray decides to use less for reflections. It is due to the higher Noise threshold used and Adaptive DMC sampler.
              So if you want to clear the reflection pass up, you may need to increase a lot the material reflection subdivisions.

Comment

Working...
              X