Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to do a simple glass?

hi,
    how can i do a simple glass with vray material?
    I put a white colour in reflect slot and I can see the object became trasparent....but the light (with vray shadow) can't pass through this material....it's opaque to the light....
    why???

reflect is for reflections

you need to make the refract slot white

Comment

yes.... sorry...I want to say refractions slot...

...so how can I do an interior with a window...and the light of the sun that come inside...with vrmaterial and area shadow...

Comment

I use Vray for two days now so I am beginner. That was the first problem that I accountered and I am not positive that it goes this way.
        Try to use STANDARD material with Vraymat in Refraction slot and play with it. You can use it in reflection slot also or faloff instead.
        I would like someone more experience to writhe something about this becouse this is general problem with other GI renderers like FRender and others. Why this has to be so complicated. Maybe there is reason, but I didnt hear it yet.
        www.VisualizationStudio.com

Comment

simplest settings for glass:

refract and reflect both set to white

IOR set to about 1.6

fresnel reflections checked

glossy for both at 1.0

Comment

call me a cheater. but i just use egzglass. even on archetectural windows

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

I use egzglass as well (www.vray.info for those that don't know) but sometimes it doesn't behave that well for me and simple vray material is easier

Comment

Maybe I found the reason....I have to turn on "Affect shadows" on Basic Parameters in Vray material.....

bye

Fabrizio

Comment

Working...
                X