It's not me, it's you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit models are horribly unreliable.

I use the same stup for 99% of my scenes (be it indoors or outdoors). Sometimes I have to change the noise thresholds, material samples or irrmap resolution - but generally I find a scene with balanced settings I am familiar with will save me a lot of trouble. I can take an hour of extra render time instead of spending 4 of those precious hours trying to optimize the scene.
    www.whiteview.se

Comment

That is one great thing about the "Universal Method" methodology; it's easy to understand and serves my scenes well most of the time (so far).
      Originally posted by windowlicker View Post
      Revit models are horribly unreliable.

I use the same stup for 99% of my scenes (be it indoors or outdoors). Sometimes I have to change the noise thresholds, material samples or irrmap resolution - but generally I find a scene with balanced settings I am familiar with will save me a lot of trouble. I can take an hour of extra render time instead of spending 4 of those precious hours trying to optimize the scene.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by windowlicker View Post
        I can take an hour of extra render time instead of spending 4 of those precious hours trying to optimize the scene.
        I always see this kind of thing posted and I dont get it. optimizing a scene takes 30 minutes and I find it cuts 12 hours off an 18 hour render.

Comment

For me, it has always been overnight renders, so 12+ render times were okay. But, now it has become a game to render as clean and fast as I can. Also, when you dump a lot of downloaded models into your scene and hit render, it's a nightmare; that's what most people do. You have to get intimately familiar with your entire scene and know the settings for everything. Once you get your mind around that, VRay will not be an obstacle.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com
          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
          X