Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray loading textures when a MTL overide is in effect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray loading textures when a MTL overide is in effect?

Was curious since i saw in the log it was loading a bunch of textures while having a mtl overide set? am i wrong?
    PLAY
    www.kriscabrera.com
    kris@kriscabrera.com

It might still do that if you are using the Bitmap texture (should be fine with VRayHDRI) - it is on the "to do" list to fix this.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yeah, it also still calculates a prepass if any SSS mats are in the scene...hope this is also still on the to do list...

Comment

Originally posted by ben_hamburg View Post
        Yeah, it also still calculates a prepass if any SSS mats are in the scene...hope this is also still on the to do list...
        Yes, it will be fixed too.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

sweet! so ex. when we have objects set to matte or invisible to camera those textures wont be loading??

wanna make sure i am correct when i say this.

So at the moment if we use VrayHDRI loader for bitmaps the textures wont be loaded if we have objects in the scene set to matte?
          Last edited by kriscabrera15; 12-08-2014, 12:12 PM.
          PLAY
          www.kriscabrera.com
          kris@kriscabrera.com

Comment

when we have objects set to matte or invisible to camera those textures wont be loading??
            At the moment for invisible to camera or not renderable objects yes, for the matte ones no. Bitmaps (VrayHDRI) will still be loaded. Maybe we can change this, but I have to check first.
            Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by kriscabrera15 View Post
              So at the moment if we use VrayHDRI loader for bitmaps the textures wont be loaded if we have objects in the scene set to matte?
              VRayHDRI will load the texture only when something requests the color of that texture during rendering. For matte objects, it depends - if you have matte shadows enabled, then the underlying material might still be computed and in that case the texture will be loaded.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
              X