An Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Idea

Sitting here doing 20+ renders of the same scene in order to fine-tune my render settings for that perfect quality/speed balance, I had an idea. It occured to me that it would be very useful if the VRay Frame Buffer history also had the option to save the current render settings that were used for the frame in question. These settings could then be loaded back in if required, like a render preset.

Is this easy to implement? (that's a question for Vlado). Would it even be useful to anyone? (that's a question for everone else)
    http://www.glass-canvas.co.uk

They do the same in krakatoa - it even saves a little thumbnail of the framebuffer that was rendered using those settings!

Comment

It would be great if the settings could just be saved into the image metadata, rather than as an overlay.
      Check out my (rarely updated) blog @ http://macviz.blogspot.co.uk/

www.robertslimbrick.com

Cache nothing. Brute force everything.

Comment

Very good call.

Comment

A number of things have been asked to be saved with the image metadata already, amongst which the render settings, but also the machine name, user name, and whatnot, which could help tracking renders in a number of situations (think of big VFX houses).
          I'd suppose they'll get to that when there's enough priority...
          It CAN be done, now, with the VrayOptionsRE and some scripting, into the exr2 metatada.
          But not quite yet in the VFB history, that i know of.
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

+1

Giacomo

Comment

Yes, this has been requested already and we'll do it.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

wow, timely.
                I was in the shower ten minutes ago thinking of scripting the heck out of it, and allowing to paste the collected data directly into the image comments. :P
                Wall of text saved, thanks Vlado!
                Lele
                Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                ----------------------
                emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
                X