Nvidia GPU Appliance Cuts Render from Hours to Minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia GPU Appliance Cuts Render from Hours to Minutes

Nvidia GPU Appliance Cuts Render from Hours to Minutes http://www.tomsitpro.com/articles/nv...te,1-2123.html
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Hmm how much is one of those?

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
      Nvidia GPU Appliance Cuts Render from Hours to Minutes http://www.tomsitpro.com/articles/nv...te,1-2123.html
      Here is a short video that shows me using one VCA box to render with V-Ray RT GPU in Maya, 3ds Max and V-Ray Cloud:

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexP View Post
        Hmm how much is one of those?
        When they were announced in the spring, the price was set at $50,000 (out of which, $40,000 is just the price of the eight cards).

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

I'll start saving

Comment

Isnt it the same as buying 8 gpus chucking up to 2x motherboard and dr ing it? Does their boxes have any advantages over what we can build?
            CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Hmmm that´s exact 40,7 times faster. Now it´s a bit less information in this news about what the initial system was that rendered 9 hours.
              For 50k you could also get roughly 50 renderslaves. Also will I need high voltage at my office to run this thing ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dariusz Makowski (Dadal) View Post
                Isnt it the same as buying 8 gpus chucking up to 2x motherboard and dr ing it? Does their boxes have any advantages over what we can build?
                Well, the GPU cost is still there; from then on, if you can get this to run in a stable way, then yes, you can do it like this. However, we have always had lots of issues getting multi-GPU machines to run well, usually there are all sorts of stability issues with Windows (like cards not recognized, random blue screens/reboots etc). In contrast, the VCA has been very stable so far. Finally, because the VCA runs on Linux, it is actually faster than 8 GPUs on Windows - Windows drivers must support some UI-related stuff which apparently slows them down by 10-15%.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                  When they were announced in the spring, the price was set at $50,000 (out of which, $40,000 is just the price of the eight cards).
                  Damn.
                  If i didn't have to add 190$ a month for VRay (or a grand for a full lifetime license), i'd have bought it right away!
                  Lele
                  Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                  ----------------------
                  emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                  The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
                    Damn.
                    If i didn't have to add 190$ a month for VRay (or a grand for a full lifetime license), i'd have bought it right away!
                    Is it me or many people dont like the 190$ for license? o.O

In any case I vote for photoshop pricing. 7.49£ a month if vray can go for 10£ I'd go with subscription as well =D
                    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

lol, nono!
                      in MY case, it was loaded with stashes and stashes of sarcasm. XD
                      Last edited by ^Lele^; 22-08-2014, 06:29 AM.
                      Lele
                      ----------------------

Disclaimer:
                      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

You almost lost your invite to the next Chaos party there lele!
                        Patrick Macdonald
                        Lighting TD : http://reformstudios.com Developer of "Mission Control", the spreadsheet editor for 3ds Max http://reformstudios.com/mission-control-for-3ds-max/

Comment

Ah!
                          I'm quite sure it didn't do me any favour regardless.
                          It's that sometimes i really can't hold it bottled. (Cfr. the other thread precisely on the lease OPTION, which is new to v3 and most definitely not forced on anybody.)
                          To set the record straight with casual readers, I OWE Chaos and V-Ray the last ten years of my career, and have the utmost respect for the intelligence, openness, and fairness the company showed time and again.
                          I was seriously just pulling legs, there. ^^
                          Lele
                          ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
                            I was seriously just pulling legs, there. ^^
                            Jip, I think we all feel like that on a friday afternoon after a loooong weeks work
                            Kind Regards,
                            Morne

Comment

Working...
                            X