• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antialias z buffer

Is there any chance to get a antialiased z buffer soon

/Daniel
    Daniel Westlund

I think thats suposed to be fixed in the next build, although I could be wrong.

-dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

is the default scanline z buffer antialiased? I don´t think it looks like it is.
      Daniel Westlund

Comment

just out of interest, why would you want it to be?...it would mean edge pixels wouldnt give the correct z data...
        Digital Progression

Comment

I think the results provided by for example frichluft or whatever its name is are fare better than the 3dsmax post effect is and it make use of a depthmap like an antialiased fogrender from max.

what do max use for the post depth of field? is it z and coverage? It has to be more than z

/Daniel
          Daniel Westlund

Comment

Roppin. The folks at FrischLuft recomend you output your z-buffer at double resolution. This way the plugin does not get faulty edge pixels, and you can scale it in combustion / AE to your original size. This way all the features (of Lenscare) get as much information as they need, and less artifacts than if you outputed your z-buffer in the same resolution as your images.
            Signing out,
            Christian

Comment

I dont have the plugin but thanks anyway. Is there a way of doing this in combustion whithout frishluft. Just whith a depthmap and the rendered image?

/Daniel
              Daniel Westlund

Comment

Trixian, is there a way to render the z-buffer automaticly to double size on the "File Output"? So what i mean is that is it possible to render the original footage with vray but then the z-buffer would be rendered double size?

Thanks

Comment

Neods, you may render RGB image with Vray, and then, switch to scanline, assign one simle material to whole scene, delete all lights, and render with double, triple or even quadruple resolution. And you'll be able to save all channels, even those that Vray doesn't use. Than compose this two images in combustion.

And about AA.. No other channel is antialiased - neither Object ID, nor Material Effects ID.. Resolution doubling is the way.

Comment

Use the Default Sacnline Renderer and render a Z-Depth Render Element (Enable Filtering to get AA).

Having Object ID or Material ID channel antialiased makes no sense because each color identifies a specific object or material (the AA would create more colors that have no meaning). Actually the color is just a visual representation of the ID.

Daniel
                    Daniel Schmidt - Developer of psd-manager

Comment

Working...
                    X