Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roughcast??

Guys,

Having followed GoncaloP's excellent Dramscape+Vray tip, I realise I can't find any material that properly approximates a 'roughcast' architectural finish to finish my scene, having for once satisfying myself with lighting. It's a very common (at least in the 60's & 70's) material utilised here in the UK (at least).

I was wondering if bump maps or displacement were the best modus openandii in this instance?

All help appreciated.

Stevie

hi
    can you post an example ?
    but your probably better of getting some good texture maps and using displacement for the job
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Hi Natty,

Thanks for replying so quickly.

I have lit a very 'rough' model without exterior finishes. It's a sunlight model with no interior lights (initial bounces turned to 2) and I can post that if you can help me, but I haven't actually made the finish yet, which is why I was asking what way to go.

You know what I am after (you being based in the UK and all), roughcast, common on the likes of classic Wimpey, Lawrence, Barratt etc 60's & 70's suburban housing, especially in the North & Scotland? I'm actually doing a model of my own property for an extension, and having done a number of architectural renderings in my time it struck me that this kind of rendering (architectural not Vray) is not something that I have actually had to do before.

If I could possibly pick your renowned brain I would be most grateful.

Stevie

Comment

Pebble dash might be a more commonly accepted way to describe the roughcast finish I am looking for. Thanks to Natty for pointing that out.

The model was built for an interior and as you can see is very rough (in fact I will have to remodel it) but it was just to give you an idea of the type of building.

here's the image ...

Comment

Working...
        X