vray standalone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray standalone

i did a quick search into the forum to check whether the topic is being discussed at the moment, but it seems there is no specific thread. if such a topic has already been discussed please let me know so i will repost my questions there.
    well, at cgarchitect.com there's an ongoing discussion about how vray standalone will work (you can find it here: http://www.cgarchitect.com/vb/showth...2&page=1&pp=10). the question is whether vray will work something like a renderman compliant renderer or not, with its own file format like rib (vib if you like it). what is guessed at cgarchitect is that vray standalone might be a command line renderer without any gui but only executables, and that it will possibly work in a pipeline like prman does. it all sounds quite likely to me, but still my question is: does anyone have a clue about how the standalone version will be?

I hope there will be bridge plugins for different apps (XSI and Maya at least) so you could tweak VRay settings inside this app. Otherwise how could you create VRay light or Vray materials (or Vray fur) and tweak its settings and animate its parameters?

Comment

I'm looking for it...
      For a still architectural presentation I think that a solution Rhino (or Autocad, Revit etc....) + Vray is the best way for low cost workflow... I hope that the boys of Chaos publish this standalone version as soon as possible...my budget is under the 5000€ of Max!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LuKa
        I hope there will be bridge plugins for different apps (XSI and Maya at least) so you could tweak VRay settings inside this app. Otherwise how could you create VRay light or Vray materials (or Vray fur) and tweak its settings and animate its parameters?
        do you mean something like mtor?

Comment

Working...
        X