Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to make matt/shadow material wen using vray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to make matt/shadow material wen using vray?

hello
    I need help with making a matt/shadow material like it can be done with the max exactly but only using vray. I need it becous I want to create an object with a light source and I only want the object with it's shadow that it makes.
    I have no problem doing it with the max but wen I use vray it dos not work.
    can enyone help me?

there are several posts aboute this and a good manual to read

/Daniel
    Daniel Westlund

Comment

i didnt fined .
      mabe send me the link?

Comment

select the object and go to vray render rollout/sytem/object settings.
        there you can adjust the matte properties.
        you dont need a special material.

Comment

I already did thet but the matt surfas dos not get the shadow from the object that is on it in the alpha chenel .

Comment

hi miki72

just try it once again. there are two places to do this mate things. first as said in the object properties and secound also for materials if you use the vray wrapper material.

you didn´t get shadows because you you have look at your alpha contribution settings try to change from 1 to -1 ore 0 , and also the direct light shadow brightness.

I allways have to try it out again. But just make a smal scene, and try it. mate shadow in vray is much much better than with max standart mate shadow.

you can precalculate an i map for example of an interior, use this i-map and after this switch the environement to mate object.

with the right settings, you will get your shadows, but also all the fine gi shadows produced by the bouncing light of the environement and and the precalculated i map.

one other thing that was impressive, if your object that stay´s visible, you also will get all the reflections of the invisible environement on top of this object, moving accurate and correct in animation.

greetings from Hamburg

Tom

www.lichtecht.de

Comment

thank you very much

thank you very much
              you mentioned that one thing that no one else mentioned that made the difference about the 1 to -1 and now it works

Comment

Working...
              X