Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backburner, vray, bad frames and skip existing :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backburner, vray, bad frames and skip existing :)

Hey guys, I hope someone can help. Just finished a large render and we have rogue render node spitting out garbage frames I need to delete the frames and re render the bad ones. I tried using a script from script spot which promised (well not promised) to delete any frames from the rogue node but it didn't work. I manually deleted some and checked 'skip existing ' and set the job off again with backburner.
    I'm guessing that skip existing does not work with the vray frame buffer and elements?
    I'm in a world of pain here so if anyone has any ideas that can help me rescue this, that would be amazing
    Last edited by bobacom; 10-11-2014, 02:18 AM. Reason: spelling!

Hm, not sure how to do that with backburner except to list all the wrong frames in the render dialog before submitting. Other render managers can generally handle this better.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, so does the skip existing feature not detect the files written by the frame buffer?

Comment

If you specified the render output in the Common tab of the render setup dialog, it will work. If you specified the output in the V-Ray VFB settings, it will not.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

.....sobs quietly over keyboard

Comment

Working...
          X