vray light wrong size ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray light wrong size ?

is there a reason when creating a vray light say 600 x 600 mm it actualy comes out as 1200 x 1200 ? very odd..... and also when putting a vray light in the viewport, why does it go in upside down ?
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

new bug?

Comment

People have been complaining from the start about the issue of the lights allways comming in upside down but, Im assuming that since that one is a fairly minor bug its low on the list to be fixed. Maby it will be rite in the 1.5 release.

As for the other issue I havnt noticed it yet but mite try to give it a try once I get my systems back up.

-dave
      Cheers,
      -dave
      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Hi

its a long known bug i think. Well, what would be more important for me,

I think vray usualy works with the interior mesurements of max, what sometimes isnt very intuitv.

for example i work on an architectural scene using "m", but the internal mesurements are inches.

Vraylights, with 0.1 do have this way 0.1 inch length, and not m. This could be something to fix for the 1.5 i think that would make working with vray much more intuitiv.

tom from Hamburg

www.lichtecht.de

Comment

Weird, it must measure from the center of the vray light instead of edge to edge.

And yeah the upside down light is annoying. Not exactly hard to get around but still annoying.

Comment

Hmmm, vray lights rarely end up pointing down too, so no matter if they point up or down they will need to be rotated....
            Eric Boer
            Dev

Comment

Hmm DaForce actually made sence where as the V-Ray light size mite be from the center out.

Also if your to lazy to flip the light you can allways turn on two sided.

-dave
              Cheers,
              -dave
              ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Mmmm is easy as it is to tick 2 sided. It wouldnt work so well if you are placing a vray light just below roof level, mega blowout

It only takes a second to flip on angle snap and spin it round.

Or if your going for a weird angle (like not a window opening or something square/right angles), i usually put a spot light in at the angle i want, then align the vray light with the spot light (not its target) and tick align orientation X , Y , Z. Then just turn on angle snap and spin it round. Then delete the Spot light......OR you can link the vray light to the spot light and then turn the spot light off, and you have a vray light with a target

Comment

Try putting your lights in the Bottom view as opposed to Top. Usually does the trick here.

-C
                  Best regards,

Corey Rubadue
                  Director

Chaos Group

Comment

Nice workaround/tip Daforce

Why did i never think of that

Comment

well i know its only a small thing, but its something that bugs me everyday.. i dont want a workaround, i just want it to be right.
                      Natty

Comment

What makes it the "right" way ?
                        Eric Boer
                        Dev

Comment

well when you bring it in the top viewport and it should be pointing down, like the rest of the lights in max !
                          Natty

Comment

Setting up your material editor to update manual will ease your pain with the spinner but you loose a lot of interactivity. The material window will then update only if you click on it.

Not a solution, but may spare some hair

Comment

Originally posted by BLADE
                              Setting up your material editor to update manual will ease your pain with the spinner but you loose a lot of interactivity. The material window will then update only if you click on it.

Not a solution, but may spare some hair
                              ahhh wrong thread i think?!?!

Comment

Working...
                              X