Rendering Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering Speed

I have some spaces and a floor plan I am rendering out. The finals are 6000 X 3000, so I am using a render farm. The interiors would take 10 hours locally, 1 hour on the farm, but the floor plan renders fast. Actually, I am rendering the floor plan locally at 6000 x 6000 in 20 minutes. Nothing is changing; all the render setting are so same. Why would it render out so fast when a typical camera takes so long?
    Last edited by glorybound; 15-11-2014, 07:25 PM.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Does your floor plan have a ceiling/roof?
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Originally posted by jacksc02 View Post
      Does your floor plan have a ceiling/roof?
      This. Also posting the images could lead us faster to an answer.
      A.

---------------------
      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Here is the project. One thing I did was turn the ceiling off to the camera, turn off the ceiling trusses, and I turned off the lights. I added one large plane light over everything. So, I guess turning off the individual lights would speed things up, but they are simple plane lights and all instances.

Stills from the project:
        http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...-Retro-Fitness

Here's the floor plan:

Click image for larger version

Name:	floor plan.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	488.1 KB
ID:	854645
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
          I have some spaces and a floor plan I am rendering out. The finals are 6000 X 3000, so I am using a render farm. The interiors would take 10 hours locally, 1 hour on the farm, but the floor plan renders fast. Actually, I am rendering the floor plan locally at 6000 x 6000 in 20 minutes. Nothing is changing; all the render setting are so same. Why would it render out so fast when a typical camera takes so long?
          I'm guessing it's simply because you have lots of direct light in the plan view, as opposed to indirect light in the interior views. I don't mean to be critical - but I can't understand why your renders take so long. If I had a render that took over 1 hour on 1 machine I would be concerned about my render setup. A 10 hour render would make me very worried

I realise that you must be using some pretty heavy Brute Force calculations or something for high detail - but have you tried just going back to the vray defaults?

Comment

How many light there are in the interior view?
            Have you tried to render an interior view with the large plane lights from the top view?
            Have you tried to turn on Probabilistic Lights?
            Can you show us Render Settings?
            Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
            Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

My guess would be the large plane light. The larger the light, the softer the shadows, and vray shadows that are very soft can take ages to render without proper render settings.
              So first thing I´d do is do some quick trouble shooting, turning of different lights to see how that affects rendetime (small resolution of course).

Comment

Working...
              X