DR Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR Setup

Hello everyone in the max forum. I just purchased a copy of Vray for 3ds max as I am thinking of switching from maya for just the rendering process.

Anyway I am trying to set up a DR rendering and am not having to much luck. I put the slave machine IP address and the port number and while it says it's connected I never get the extra buckets from the slave machine. I am starting Vray spawned.

In maya the process is quite easy I add the IP address and the port number launch the render slave and works perfect. But with max I must be missing something.

If I launch the spawned and still have the Vray slave open I do get a error message were it connects then disconnects. Also maya ask to be on port 20207 wherein the max directions it say to connect to another port. It also says that I need to run a backburner job first I will admit I am not familiar with this.

A couple tech details I have Vray for maya and Vray for max and one extra node.

Anyway thanks guys I hope someone with some good experience won't mind helping a new 3dmax person.

Best, J

Indeed you have to run backburner once before you can use DR with 3ds max.
    Here is how to proceed : http://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppor...er-farm-s.html

mekene

Comment

Working...
    X