Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0 update form 2.3 render differences

Hello dear forum.
    We update our vray licenses from 2.3 to 3.0 the last weeks.
    Now we are back in work again and realize that there are some recognizable changes in the renderings.

1) Vray lightmaterials are very much brighter.
    The materials make use of the direct illumination option.

2) The shadows in not directly lighted areas are very much brighter. It seems that the light creeps more in dark areas.

3) Refraction materials need two face passes for exact rendering. One for entering the glass and one for leaving.
    Certainly this is correct but it worked in another way in 2.3

Does anyone knows something about 1) or 2) and if there is a trick to render in "old 2.3 style"?

What do we have to think about further when we use 2.3 scenes?

Thank you for help,
    best regards,
    Stefan

We updated our Vray 2.4 to 2.5 on Max 2013
    and then put VRay 3.0 on Max 2014

So old projects could continue in max 2013 and new projects with vray 3 would be in 2014. Works well for us as there are significant changes between vray 2 and 3, especially in the way noise it handled we thought it better to seperate the pipeline.
    Maxscript made easy....
    davewortley.wordpress.com
    Follow me here:
    facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

It would be best to get us scenes for all differences that you find to support@chaosgroup.com; they may have been bugs that we fixed, but it's good to check, just in case.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Dave,
        on our scenes we partially work for years, its similar to a library. So the option to start new from scrath isnt possible in these cases.

Hi Vlado,
        Im sorry, but I can not give you this scene because of nda.
        Does something change in GI handling, especially with lightcache + irradiance map?
        Best regards,
        Stefan

Comment

Originally posted by 3D Betrieb View Post
          Does something change in GI handling, especially with lightcache + irradiance map?
          No, not really.

I don't need all the entire scenes, if you can isolate just parts that are problematic, it is still very useful.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
          X