VFB & background image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB & background image

Is there way so adjust the background image in the VFB (size,exposure, color,placement) and to save the render with the new background image?
    one thing more: why the background in the VFB is unexposed and the white edges compare to the background in Photoshop ?see attachment

Thanks.
    Roy
    Attached Files

What file format is the image in?

Other than that, there is no way to adjust the background or save it - it's just for quick previews.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks vlado
      the format of the background is simple jpg.

Little wish: It would be nice if we can play and adjust the BG image as well as saving it , in simple rendering it can save the involve of PS.

Comment

Originally posted by roysgi View Post
        the format of the background is simple jpg.
        In that case can you get me the file?

It would be nice if we can play and adjust the BG image as well as saving it , in simple rendering it can save the involve of PS.
        Well, yes, but I'm trying to keep things contained and simple; it is not our intention to replace photoshop

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Hi Vlado.

Here is the file image that i use.

Thanks.

Roy
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Roy,

Thank you for posting the image.
            Is it possible to attache the scene file for this issue as well? I would like to see the entire scene setup.
            Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

The issue seems to be that you don't have sRGB enabled in the V-Ray VFB. When reading 8-bit images (JPG, PNG etc) as background, V-Ray will convert them from sRGB color space to linear. However this assumes that the sRGB button in the VFB is enabled, so that the final result appears correct.

I can reproduce the bright edges too and it looks like this is a bug, but I have to look into it.

Best regars,
              Vlado

Comment

So the edges are not a bug; the compositing assumes that the objects are rendered against a black background. If this is not the case, parts of the original background remain and tint the edges.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Working...
                X