remote license server over vpn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote license server over vpn

can anyone at chaos tell me how often vray3 checks for a license? i ask because im remotely using a vray 3 license from the company i work for, and its fine, but occasionally the vpn drops out, and i have to manually restart it.

goes without saying that with a crapload of overnight rendering coming up, id like to feel comfortable vray wont have ditched my render and chucked me out in the morning..

V-Ray checks for a license at the start of each render. If the license drops in the middle of the render, V-Ray will still complete the rendering until the end.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

ok great. thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

I have a laptop as my license server, and at work, all the computers connect fine. At home, when I connect through VPN, the computers at work can't connect and find the license. Firewall is disabled. Is there something else we have to do to get this working over vpn, or tests to see if things are working correctly?

I can ping the computer, but when I type in the license server's ip address+:30304, I get a "connection timed out" error.

Comment

Would you please let us know what is the exact error message that you get. There are numbers after the could not obtain a license message that could help us troubleshoot the issue.

Is the dongle and V-Ray license server running on your laptop. Meaning that when you take the laptop home, you connect trough VPN and the machines from the office are connecting to your laptop to get a license.

If so, please check the IP address that is assigned to your laptop when connecting trough VPN. If it is a different one than the one that is assigned at the office, you need to update V-Ray client license settings on the machines,so that they look for the license server on this IP address.
          Best regards,
          Tanya Metodieva
          Technical Support Representative

Comment

Sorry to take so long to respond. I haven't been able to try yet. I've actually just decided to upgrade my second license of VRay to version 3 so I have one travelling license and one at work. This also fixes the need to try to do the crazy vpn license server setup.

Comment

Working...
            X