X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IR from file??

hello everyone
    i m having a bit of a problem with saved irradiance maps
    i m rendering a large image for which i have precalculated the irr. map and saved to file
    when i start rendering vray starts to calculate additional passes rather than using the saved map and going straight to the rendering
    the additional passes that vray calculates look like interpolation passes
    i have tried everything and it seems impossible to render from file without vray calculating extra passes
    i havent been able to find any info on the manual or on the forum
    i would be grateful if someone could suggest something
    kind regards
    alkis

glossy reflections will do this

don't worry, its not recalculating the irrmap...just the glossy reflections

Comment

hi again
      thanks for the reply
      i m very surprised that glossies do that
      that makes the use from file option useless
      if i render the frame by chosing single frame it is overall faster than using the saved map.
      does anyone know if this is adressed in the 1.5 version?
      regards
      alkis

Comment

It's only calculating the glossies, not the saved IR map. Note that vray calculates glossies and IR map together, to speed up things. So if you read your IR map from file, and you have A LOT of glossies in the scene your render can indeed be slower than before (or as slow as before - slower seems a bit weird though). (glossies+IRmap together = faster than glossies and IRmap seperately)

You can't save interpolated glossies because they change in every frame, not like IR map which stays the same if you only move camera within the already calculated space.
        Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

I spend the last two days searching the solution and when I finally found, another problem appears:

My render times with ir map from file are bigger then irmap + render in a "single frame"

Well, my scene has a lot of glossy... What I do? uses interpolation on reflect and ir map from file? (I don´t wanna calc. map because I´m using multiframe every 10 frames, and calculate ir map frame to frame spend a lot of time...

the prepass of interpolation is fast?
          thanks.
          theo

Comment

Working...
          X