Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXR questions - Max vs VRay and AE vs Nuke

Hi all

I would like to save my exr's as 32 bit half float (16bit/channel), but that brings up some questions as I recently moved from extracting exr from vrimg, to directly saving to exr.

1. The split channel exr from max I'm saving with the default max settings, is that the same way as the default vrimg would extract exr's or VRay would save exr?

2. For best performance in Max, AE, Nuke, should I be using tiled or scanline? Is there a huge difference in filesize between tiled and scanline?

3. Same as above, but compression type? For best performance in Max, AE, Nuke? Is there a huge difference in filesize between compression methods?

4. RGB or RGBA?

Click image for larger version

Name:	max_exr_default.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	881535
    Last edited by Morne; 01-04-2015, 12:12 AM.
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Originally posted by Morne View Post
    1. The split channel exr from max I'm saving with the default max settings, is that the same way as the default vrimg would extract exr's or VRay would save exr?
    Sorry, we don't use the vrimg extract, so i specifically don't know.

2. For best performance in Max, AE, Nuke, should I be using tiled or scanline? Is there a huge difference in filesize between tiled and scanline?
    Ae goes with tiles, Nuke with scanline. From my experience, in ae you won't get big difference, in nuke it's HUGE, you are kind of forced to save in scanline.

3. Same as above, but compression type? For best performance in Max, AE, Nuke? Is there a huge difference in filesize between compression methods?
    Default settings are fine, at least in my experiments, in terms of size vs reading speed.

4. RGB or RGBA?
    Well it depends if you want your alpha saved
    KCTOO - Directors

Comment

Working...
    X