Rendering for WEB use.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering for WEB use.....

Hi! I'm having some trouble rendering with Vray 3 to be used in regular web images, not for video or film. All looks fine on the frame buffer, but once saved to disk, it is extremelly contrasted. How do I fix this? I just need to save TIF files that looks teh same when I open them in Photoshop than what they look on the frame buffer of Vray. Using both latests versions of Vray and MAX

Thanks!

The vray buffer has an srgb curve applied by default but it's not burnt into the image to keep it properly linear for comping after. What you need to do is in your colour mapping section go to advanced mode and in the mode drop down at the bottom left, set it to "colour mapping and gamma" so it'll burn in the gamma for display.

Comment

or you can save as .exr in full float (start doing this anyway), then open in photoshop, go to image -> adjustments -> exposure, and change the gamma there to either 2.2 or .454. you'll want 2.2, but sometimes images open too washed out.
      it ends up with the same result as joconnells, it's just if you forget to do that you can do it later so long as you're rendering 32bit .exr

Comment

Thanks for the tips

Comment

Working...
        X