Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What settings are important when render with bruteforce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What settings are important when render with bruteforce?

Hi,

I am now using vray 3 and thought to give bruteforce rendering a go. When I am trying to clean up the shadow areas what are the most important settings for that? Bruteforce subdivs and global dmc noise treshold are obvious ones but are there any other settings that has major impact on quality when rendering with brute force?

There's also the min shading rate, but that's pretty much it. There's a small text box next to the brute force subdivs that tells how many samples V-Ray is actually going to use.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vermu View Post
      Hi,

I am now using vray 3 and thought to give bruteforce rendering a go. When I am trying to clean up the shadow areas what are the most important settings for that? Bruteforce subdivs and global dmc noise treshold are obvious ones but are there any other settings that has major impact on quality when rendering with brute force?
      Lighting subdivs and material subdivs (reflection, refraction). Check your render elements (GI, Reflection, Refraction, Lighting,..) to see where there's noise so you can up those subdivs and get rid of the noise.

Or just follow what Vlado said for a more or less automatic way.
      A.

---------------------
      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Ok, thanks.

Comment

I think that's what basic, advance, expert was meant to do; basic shows you the important must know stuff.
          Originally posted by vermu View Post
          Hi,

Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com
          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
          X