Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrade to 3.0 - what about when I need to use 2.5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade to 3.0 - what about when I need to use 2.5?

Hello friends.

I am looking into the idea of upgrading to 3.0 and I am planning on buying 10 render licenses.

I currently own 2.5, which has no limits on render licenses.

I will occasionally have to revert to 2.5 when I collaborate with colleagues that don't have 3.0. I can't tell them to upgrade, that's their decision.

What happens to my 2.x render licenses when I upgrade to 3.0? If I have to revert to 2.x I want all those render licenses that I have now.

Do I need to buy a new dongle to go with the 3.0 and keep my dongle for 2.5 as it is?

Can anybody advise me? Thanks for your time.

Yes, our licensing policy has been changed with the latest V-Ray 3 release.

What happens to my 2.x render licenses when I upgrade to 3.0? If I have to revert to 2.x I want all those render licenses that I have now.
    There is no problem to keep the compatibility between your workstation and the software configuration used by your colleagues. We have 2.5 builds that work with the V-Ray 3.0 licensing system for such purposes.

For further upgrade details, please contact our sales department: sales at chaosgroup.com
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

There is no problem to keep the compatibility between your workstation and the software configuration used by your colleagues. We have 2.5 builds that work with the V-Ray 3.0 licensing system for such purposes.
      Thank you for your reply, Tashko.

Just to be clear, will I have as many render licenses for 2.5 as I do now? I don't want to upgrade this dongle if my render farm can no longer render 2.5.

Comment

Originally posted by KenTankerous View Post
        Thank you for your reply, Tashko.

Just to be clear, will I have as many render licenses for 2.5 as I do now? I don't want to upgrade this dongle if my render farm can no longer render 2.5.
        Generally you will still be able to render with V-Ray version 2.5 (the builds named 2.50.L30) even if you move to V-Ray 3, but due to the new license policy, Render node 3.0 licenses for all rendering machines are required. This means that the number of the rendering machines will depends on the Render node licenses available on the dongle.
        You can get more detailed information about all upgrade benefits from our sales team.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X