Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After a while without doing animation, want to check in with you regarding methods.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After a while without doing animation, want to check in with you regarding methods.

Hi all,

I need to create a video with moving cameras only, slight panning, dolly, zoom etc.
    I'm planning on sending to rebus.

Is the typical method of Irradiance map and LC pre-saved still the most popular process for animation?
    How about a filter? Area? video? soft?

Any other steps you usually use regardless the project?

A checklist you would like to share?

thanks!
    Guido.

I am liking vray box filter at the moment.

IR + LC with all the pre passes etc would be the most cost effective method probably but tricky to setup, especially with rebus. You might try LC + Brute.
    WerT
    www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

If you are sending it to Rebus use this little guide.
      It is very quick and easy to send to Rebus.
      If you need any specific help let me know I have used Rebus a lot.

CAMERA ANIMATION
      1. Setup scene to render in terms of antialiasing, samples, output, etc.
      2. Set Irradiance Map to 'Multiframe Incremental' and LichtCache to 'Flythrough'
      3. Send it to the farm. Rebusfarm will generate the GI pass and follow it with the final render.
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Wow, they really streamlined the process!

Thanks!!
        Guido.

Comment

It's not that hard to send light maps to Rebus. As long as you have them set, they will get sent with your file. The one reason why I like to calculate my light maps locally before sending them off, is to be able to render out a 1/4 size quick test animation to ensure that my frames will come back correct from Rebus. There is nothing worse than spending money to fly a camera through a wall accidentally.

However, if you are only doing slight camera moves, you might want to think about doing them all in post on a single layered image a-la Ken Burns style.

Comment

Working...
          X