Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improve Curve on Mesh

Hi,
    This is a Max question rather than a Vray one.

The attached pick shows a curve that I have to render at very high resolution, any ideas how I can improve the smoothness of the shape, I've tired combinations of -

Quadify Mesh
    Turbosmooth
    Tesselate

none of these really worked.

I've got lots of them to do so going in and physically adding geometry isn't really an option.

Many thanks for any help/advice.
    Attached Files

I don't think it will be possible completely automated. We can't see too much of it either. If you go in edit poly and you go to geometry > Quadrify all. Does that make quads? Also can't you quick attach all of them in one poly?

I've gone in my example from Triangles to Quads with this trick. Then added a chamfer on the edges that should stay in place more or less and then turbosmooth.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	856005
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Could you post an image of the whole object ?
      IT seems that you might have to manually edit vertices or re-import from Rhino or whatever the original model was made in.
      The inside part of the tube could be easily turned to a nice quad surface but the top is a tough one.

Comment

I would quickly try
        1) Convert to edit mesh and play with the auto edge by angle to try and make quads (depending on the mesh, it is hard to see)
        2) Turbosmooth but with 'smoothing groups' checked.

You may get lucky... but it looks more likely to be a manual remake.

Comment

Thanks for all your help, appreciated.

Comment

Have you tried VrayDisplacement modifier, Subdivision option?Often works better than Meshsmooth.Zoran

Comment

Working...
            X