Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Separated enviroment maps for refraction/reflection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Separated enviroment maps for refraction/reflection?

The two glass planes on the left has a standard material with vraymap in reflection and refraction slots. The reflections are from a vrayhdri in the enviroment slot of the vraymap used in the reflection map of the standard material.

The glass cylinder on the right is a vrayMtl with a fresnel fallof map in the reflection slot and 100% withe in the refraction. The only place i found to place the vrayhdri enviroment was the enviroment slot map in the vraymtl, but i get this black thing. I know that this black thing is the vrayhdri map refracted on the glass.

My problem is that i need a separated enviroment slot map for reflection and refraction like in standard material with vraymaps.
    I dont understand why using vraymap in standard material (which is slower) i can use separated enviroment maps for reflection and refraction and cant in the native vraymtl wich is a lot faster.
    www.gaell.com

The question is, Is there any way to get a vraymtl glass that work like the standard one in this scene?
    www.gaell.com

Comment

It was as if you answered your own question though :P I think your assumptions are correct. There are just some cases where you gota use something other than all vray materials.

I think this is a job for the wishlist

Comment

Working...
      X