VRayLensEffects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayLensEffects

I find them awesome, recently started working with them (bloom+glare).
    I tend to find the interface in the VFB or rather the implementation rather....cumbersome?

I need to re-render for a checkbox more checked? Can't just all be enabled/rendered whenever I enable "Bloom" or "Glare"?

Is there something I am missing? The whole "missing channel, re-render" stuff seems just unneccassary to me. If I enable a certain effect I expect all parameters to be usable once rendered.
    Software:
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
    3ds Max 2016 SP4
    V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
    Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
    64GB RAM

DxDiag

Umm I am guessing it IS necessary or the program would not ask... make sure you check the interactive box at the bottom to update the effect without re rendering after the first time.

I'd like to know how to control the quality of the lens effects, I find they can add a lot of noise and it would be nice to be able to or find out how to control the quality of the lens effects.
    Last edited by werticus; 17-06-2015, 11:05 PM.
    WerT
    www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

If everything is default, the lens effects can be applied right away. However if they need additional information (f.e. if you have burned the color mapping into the image, the lens effects need the original linear colors, or if you are using intensity masks these need to be generated), then a re-rendering might be needed.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I understand the need for the unmapped image, thanks for that clarification.
        Is there a way though to not requiring a re-render when enabling intensity masking?

Edit:
        Also the saving to history and loading kind of seems unstable with lens effects.
        I got all kinds of strange behaviour (total darkening the image, applying double lens effects etc when loading an image)
        Software:
        Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
        3ds Max 2016 SP4
        V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
        Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
        NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
        64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

Originally posted by Art48 View Post
          Is there a way though to not requiring a re-render when enabling intensity masking?
          Enabling Intensity requires re-rendering, the opposite is possible though.

Originally posted by Art48 View Post
          Also the saving to history and loading kind of seems unstable with lens effects.
          I got all kinds of strange behaviour (total darkening the image, applying double lens effects etc when loading an image)
          How could we replicate that behavior into our environment?
          Are all saved images generated from the same V-Ray version?
          What are VFB Render History Settings?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	18426525874_759c5bb996.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	856374
          Does these issues occurs everytime when working with VFB history or they appear on a random basis?
          Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
          Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
          X